Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Inspiration - Anndra Neen

anndra neen j1

anndra neen j2

anndra neen j3

Thanks to my faithful fan P, I was introduce to Anndra Neen. Jewelry designers Phoebe and Annette Stephens has strong artistic bloodline and influence. Their grandmother Annette Nancarrow, was a painter, sculptor and jewelry designer, and her husband was the well-known avant-garde composer Conlon Nancarrow. Based in Mexico City in the 1930s and 1940s, the couple ran in haute artistic circles, with a coterie of close friends that included Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo, Jose Clemente Orozco and Anais Nin.

All jewelry were handcrafted from copper, brass and nickel silver in their Mexico City workshop, each piece is architectural and unique. “We like to think of our jewels as sculptures,” Phoebe says. “They’re like beautiful objects that happen to be wearable.”

anndra neen j4

Ooooouuuu! Such an inspiration....sometimes I do wonder if my great great grand parents were artistic too : p Even not I will have no FEAR because my Heavenly Father is the ultimate creator of all things beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment