Thursday, September 17, 2009

An early birthday present!

little li present
"Calder Jewelry" is a very beautiful & inspirational coffee-table book filled with stunning jewelry made by Alexander Calder. Mind you, this book's only for the heavy weights cos' it weighed more than 5 kg! Filled with lovely ideas and photographs taken with an artistic eye. It's a must-have for all jewelry lover!

Calder loved using honest industrial materials such as brass and steel wire to bent, twist, hammer and rivet in an immediate way of jewelry. Sure in his approach, Calder never succumbed to the many offers to edit his designs. Making jewelry was very personal for him and each piece exists as a unique artwork. Calder's one of the masters whom I admire! And thanks to my faithful supporter and friend Ms P. This early present comes in really handy. I'll be drown by inspirations, hopefully to emerge with great work in no time : )

I love the little drawing of me, wearing jewelry which I admire......many thanks : )

No comments:

Post a Comment