Thursday, September 24, 2009

Private Assignment 003.1 - Pendent for mum

design03
After looking at the previous creation for my mum, I'm having second thoughts. The earlier pendent maybe too bold for her liking, so I decided to make another.

Guess...I'm still a novice at this. The silver clay kept drying up before I could even shape the curvous hollow plus the leave-like flap on the right was almost impossible to create. After wrestling with it for the longest time, I've decided to create with cork clay instead. As with the bulkier cork, I'll have to simplify the design. Now I have to wait for the mold to dry completely before I can apply the silver clay paste over.

What do you all, fans of Little Li think of the second design verses the first? Your honest opinion is most welcome : )

2 comments:

  1. the sketch looks better than your cork clap mock...this design also allow your balla position themselves nicely. the previous one, a little too chunky and modern, plus balla and that snake design don't match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from the pictures, I prefer the first design cos more Chinese style. Maybe your mum will like it more. The 1st design is nice. But the colors don't match very well.

    ReplyDelete